- Zina Sahib, M.Sc. student (2007-2009)
- Kadhambari Raghavun, M.Sc. student (2008- )
- Shey Shi, M.Sc. student (2009-)
- Radhika M.Sc. student (2008-)
- Julita Vassileva, supervisor
We investigate if it is possible to cold-start a new community for women in science and engineering by following social web design principles for participation and by using a motivational visualization based on the Common Identity Theory from Social Sciences. The community's purpose is to allow women to share and comment on personal stories (like a collective blog), and it is implemented using Drupal.
- Sahib, Z., Vassileva J. (2009) Designing to Attract Participation In A Niche Community For Women In Science & Engineering, in Proc.Workshop on Social Computing in Education, with the 1st IEEE International Conference on Social Computing, SocialComp'2009, Vancouver, BC, August 29-31, 2009. (6 pages)
- Sahib Z., Vassileva J. (2009) WISEtales: Sharing Personal Stories as Informal Learning Experience for Women in Science and Engineering, in Proceedings 3nd IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies, IEEE-DEST 2009, Istanbul, Turkey, 1-3 June 2009. (full paper, 8 pages).
- Sahib, Z., Vassileva J. (2009) WISEtales: Sharing Personal Stories as Informal Learning Experience for Women in Science and Engineering, in Proceedings CSCL'2009, Rhodos, Greece, 10-13 June, 2009. (poster, 4 pages).