Trust and reputation
are two related, but different concepts. Various trust and reputation
mechanisms have been proposed for centralized systems and for decentralized
systems. Since trust is multi-faceted, even in the same context, agents
/ peers still need to develop differentiated trust in different aspects
of other peers' behaviors. The agent's or peer's needs are different in
different situations. Depending on the situation, an agent / peer may
need to consider its trust in a specific aspect of another peer's capability
or in multiple aspects. Bayesian networks provide a flexible method to
present differentiated trust and combine different aspects of trust.
- Vassileva J., Zhang J. (2012) Proc. TRUM'12 Workshop on Trust, Reputation and User Modeling. in conjunction with UMAP 2012, July 2012, Montreal, Canada
- Vassileva J., Zhang J. (2011) Proc. TRUM'11 Workshop on Trust, Reputation and User Modeling. in conjunction with UMAP 2011, July 2011, Girona, Spain. (available at http://www.umap2011.org/proceedings/umap2011_ws_proc_trum2011.pdf)
- Guo, G., Zhang J., Vassileva J. (2011) "Improving PGPWeb of Trust through the Expansion of Trusted Neighborhood". Proc.IEEE/WIC/ACM WI 2011, Lyon, France, August 2011 (short paper, 40% acceptance rate), 489-494.
- Wang Y., Zhang J., Vassileva J. (2010) Effective Web Service Selection via Communities Formed by Super-Agents, Proceedings of IEEE/WIC/ACM WI 2010, Toronto, August 2010, pp.549-556. (full paper, 16.6% acceptance rate)
- Wang Y., J. Zhang and Vassileva J. (2010) Super-Agent Based Reputation Management in Decentralized Systems, in M. Nishigaki, A. Josang, Y. Murayama and S. Marsh (Eds.) Short Paper Proceedings of the 4th IFIP WG 11.11 International Conference on Trust Management (IFIPTM 2010), Japan, June 2010, 33-40. (short paper, unknown acceptance rate)
- Wang Y., Vassileva J. (2008) Super-Consumer Based Reputation Management for Web Service Systems, in Proceedings the 2nd IEEE International Conference on Digital Ecosystems and Technologies, IEEE-DEST 2008, Phitsanulok, Thailand, 26-28 February, 2008 (acceptance rate for full papers ~40%).
- Wang Y., Vassileva J. (2007) Toward Trust and Reputation Based Web Service Selection: A Survey. In Multi-agent and Grid Systems (MAGS) Journal, special Issue on "New tendencies on Web Services and Multi-agent Systems (WS-MAS)
- Wang Y., Vassileva J. (2007) A Review on Trust and Reputation for Web Service Selection, First International Workshop on Trust and Reputation Management in Massively Distributed Computing Systems (TRAM'2007), June 25-29, 2007, in conjunction with ICDCS 2007.
- Wang Y., Vassileva J. (2004) Trust-Based Community Formation in Peer-to-Peer File Sharing Networks, Proc. of IEEE/WIC/ACM International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI 2004),September 20-24, 2004, Beijing, China (full paper, acceptance rate: 23%).
- Wang Y., Vassileva J. (2003) Bayesian Network-Based Trust Model, Proc. of IEEE International Conference on Web Intelligence (WI 2003), October 13-17, 2003, Halifax, Canada.(1 of 3 best paper nominees; 17% conference acceptance rate)
- Wang Y. Vassileva J. (2003) Trust and Reputation Model in Peer-to-Peer Networks, Proc. of IEEE Conference on P2P Computing, Linkoeping, Sweden, September 2003, IEEE Press, 150-157.
- Wang, Y., Vassileva J.(2003) Bayesian Network-Based Trust Model in Peer-to-Peer Networks, Proc. Workshop on "Deception, Fraud and Trust in Agent Societies" at the Autonomous Agents and Multi Agent Systems 2003 (AAMAS-03), Melbourne, Australia, July 2003 (full paper, 9pp)
- Wang, Y., Vassileva J. (2003) Bayesian Network Trust Model in Peer-to-Peer Networks, Proc. Second International Workshop on Agents and Peer-to-Peer Computing at the Autonomous Agents and Multi Agent Systems 2003 Conference (AAMAS-03), Melbourne, Australia, July 2003 (full paper, 9 pp)
- Wang, Y. (2003) Bayesian Network-Based Trust Model in Peer-to-Peer Networks, CMPT 880 paper.