Back to Main
Projects & Publications
Feature of the week
Looking for New Students
Resources and links
Photos and publicity
- CRIWG'2013 (Wellington, NZ), Oct 30- Nov 1, 2013, Deadline: 23 April
- AIED'2013: Artificial Intelligence in Education (Memphis, TN), July 9 -July 13, 2013.
- UMAP'2013: User Modelling, Adaptation and Personalization (Rome, Italy), July 11-15, 2011.
- CHI'2013, Paris, April 27 - May 2, 2013
- Persuasive 2013, Sydney, Australia, April 3-5, 2013.
- UMAP'2013: User Modelling, Adaptation and Personalization, Montreal, July 2012
- IEEE IRI'2013, Las Vegas, August 2012
- IEEE CollaborateCom'2013, Pittsburgh, PA, October 2012
- Persuasive 2012, Linkoeping, Sweden, June 2012
- UMAP'2011: User Modelling, Adaptation and Personalization (Girona, Spain), July 11-15, 2011. Deadline: January 24, 2011, February 7 (for Doctoral Consortium)
- AIED'2011: Artificial Intelligence in Education (Christchurch, New Zealand), June 27-July 01, 2011. Deadline: January 12, Posters Jan 14, Doctoral Consortium - Jan 12.
- Persuasive 2011, Coumbus Ohio, June 2-5, 2011, deadline: February 5.
- UMAP'2010: User Modelling, Adaptation and Personalization (Kona, Hawaii, June 2010)
- ICCE'2010, Kuala Kumpur, Malaysia, Dec. 2010
- PERSUASIVE'2008 Deadline: December 5, 2007.
- First International Workshop on Social Computing, Behavioral Modeling, and Prediction (Sedona, Arizona April 1 - 2, 2008, Paper Due: November 5, 2007 )
- CHI'08 Workshop on Usable AI, Deadline: October 19, 2007
- 4th International Conference on Testbeds and Research Infrastructures for the Development of Networks & Communities (TridentCom) (March 18-20, 2008, Innsbruck, Austria, Deadline: October 15)
RecSys2007 (Minneapolis, USA,
19-20 October 2007)
- AAMAS'2003, 14-18 July, 2002, Melbourne, Australia Webpage
- AIED'2003, July, 20-24 July, 2002, Sydney, Australia Webpage
- IJCAI'2003, August9-15, 2003, Acapulco, Mexico Webpage
- UM'2003, 22-26 June, 2002, Johnstown (near Pittsburgh), USA
- AAAI'2002, July 28 - Aug 1, 2002, Edmonton, Canada. Webpage
- AAMAS'2002, July 15-19, 2002, Bologna, Italy. Webpage
- AH&H'2002 Adaptive Hypertext and Hypermedia, May 29-31,
Malaga, Spain. Webpage
- UM01, 8th International Conference on User Modeling, Sonthofen,
Germany, 13-17July 2001 (J.Vassileva, program co-chair) Webpage
Diego Matos from the University of Alagoas, Brazil joined the lab as a sandwich PhD student for 6 months between May 16, 2016 and November 15, 2016.
Prof. Ig Bittencourt from the University of Alagoas, Brazil visited the lab in May 2016.
Wilk Oliveira from the University of Alagoas, Brazil joined the lab as a sandwich PhD student for 6 months between January 31, 2016 and July 31, 2016, funded by ELAP program.
Francisco Gutierrez from the University of Chile joined the lab as a sandwich PhD student for 4 months between October 1, 2014 and January 31, 2015, funded by ELAP program.
Lais Zagatti Pedro from the University of Sao Carlos, Brazil joined the lab as a sandwich MSc student for 4 months between April 1, 2014 and July 31, 2014, funded by Brazilian government.
Judith Masthoff from the University of Aberdeen, Scotland, visited the lab in June 2014.
Kewen returned as a Post_Doc in 2014. He was joined by Zeinab Noorian, from UNB, to do research in trust and reputation mechanisms, e-commerce.
Kewen Wu, from Nanjing University, joined the lab as exchange PhD student from Sept 15, 2011 until Sept 15, 2012.
Thomas Largillier, from University of Paris 9, joined the lab as a post-doc from Sept 1, 2011 until August 15, 2012
Jie Zhang, from University of Waterloo, joined the lab as post-doc from Sept 1 until Dec 31, 2009
Jill Freyne, from the University College of Dublin will be visiting our lab on Sept 29, 2008.
de Barros Costa and Ig
Ibert Bittencourt, Federal University of Alagoas, Maceio, Brazil,
visted our lab between July 15 and August 20, 2007.
Ricardo Conejo, University of Malaga, Spain and Prof.Beatriz
Barros, University of Madrid, Spain visited our lab between July 15-21,
Krause, from L3S, University of Hannover, Germany visited us between
July 11 and August 31, 2007.
Dimitrova, University of Leeds, UK, is visiting us again. This
time for nearly a month!!! You can find her in room Thorvaldson 178.5
between June 2 - June 26, 2005. She will give a
talk on Monday, June 13 at 2 pm in the Smart board room.
from the University of Castilla - la Mancha, Spain will be visiting MADMUC
June 22-25, 2004. More details about her seminar are available here.
Silvio Cazella from
the University of Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil will be visiting MADMUC on
June 16-17, 2004. More details about his seminar are available here.
Marek Hatala and Timmy Eap
from Simon Fraser University visiting our Lab and ARIES, Dec 8-9, 2003.
from the University of Minnesota visiting our Lab Nov. 14-18, 2003. More
details about his seminar are available here.
Dimitrova, University of Leeds, UK, visiting our Lab and Aries
on Wednesday, 23 April, 2003 and giving a talk on Interactive
Open Student Modelling - STyLE-OLM and beyond
April 2003, 3:30 pm-4:30 pm, 1C170 Engineering.
Photos and Publicity
- 2011 - Group pictures here, here, Rita, Udeep, and Julita.
- Fall party 2010. Picture and more pictures from 2010 here
- Fall party 2008 -
Sept 20, 2008, Saturday at 6 pm. Pictures
- Winter party 2007 - Dec.6, 2007 (sorry, forgot to take pictures :-(
- Summer party 2006 pictures
- Star Phoenix Article
about Julita being awarded the Cameco NSERC Prairie Chair on Women
in Science and Engineering
- UM2003 pictures
party 2003 pictures
- Summer party 2002 pictures
- CTV donation of 180,000 to the Mobile and Ubiquity Lab: Press